Thursday, October 8, 2009

1880 train

Since my Ryan loves trains (as i assume most boys do) we decided to head over to the black hills last weekend and take a ride on the train. We wanted to do it for his birthday (which is at the end of the month), but the train stops running this weekend. Clark took Sarah and Ryan, and me and Jared drove around to pick them up. Everyone had a great time, and the weather was beautiful, (this week we have been in the 30s and snowing everyday).



Ryan talking to the train engineer:
Jared enjoying some sun, waiting for the train to arrive!



5 comments:

Gina said...

the first photo of ryan is adorable. you can sense his anticipation. and i can't believe how different jared looks from when we last saw him. he is already turning into a little boy! :D love you!

JMG said...

so I happened on your blog from Leslie Holzer's--I was interested when I saw the post title---I've often thought that we should try the train when we are up there ---how was it? worth it? let me know. . .my blog is jdgoughfam.blogspot.com

Julie (Markum) Gough

Meredith said...

How fun! You can tell little Ryan just loved it!

The Borman Family said...

Hey Laura! I saw your message and yes I am such a slacker on communication lately! The baby is darling! Business has been pretty busy. Between that, house, kids, Andy and church callings I have not been online much. I am sorry about Clarks' dad. I hope you guys are doing ok. I can not believe how big your kids are and how long it has been since we saw you! We will really have to get together and I will really have to post some updated pictures. Oh wait, I guess I have to take them to upload them. I am a horrible mother! One day I know I am going to just cry that I don't have pictures of my kids!

Sami M said...

Ryan is so darn cute just sitting there waiting for that train to come!!